Constructed in 1897 by the architect Gustav Knobloch, the building, along with the entire street, is protected as a historic ensemble. Before converting the property into a residential scheme, the building was used commercially as a company headquarter with production facilities. Today, there are apartments and lofts ranging from 45 m² to 270 m². Planufer comprises a front building and two transverse buildings, each with a side wing. One of the transversal wings was built as a factory, whose industrial character was preserved during the renovation in loft apartments by maintaining original features such as exposed steel columns and capped ceilings. The rest of the building is in the founder’s style where many original details such as stucco ceilings and wing doors are largely preserved.
The property is fully leased and managed by CRE.